Now This Is The Life!
From the moment you enter Urbana Place Senior Living, you’ll find yourself imagining the possibilities. It might be enjoying coffee with other residents in the cozy bistro or maybe playing cards while watching local sports teams on the flat screen TV in the pub. If you enjoy the outdoors, you can relax with a barbeque in the courtyard overlooking the pond or enjoy the views from the walking paths.
Whether it’s a day filled with exercise in the fitness room or a spa day in the salon for hair and nails, it can all happen here!
Our Options – Built to Suit Your Life
Urbana Place Senior Living is a vibrant senior living community providing the comfort and convenience of home with luxurious lifestyle options, state of the art amenities, and individualized services.
Enjoy the independence and privacy you desire in your spacious, well appointed apartment home. Let us take care of the day to day while you live an active life filled with family, friends and adventure. Enjoy a great blend of city access and rural views. This is community living at it’s finest!
You can relax knowing that our staff is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You will enjoy one restaurant style meal each day and can choose to add extra meals and services based on your personal needs. It’s all about you and your choices!
Comfort and convenience!
Your new carefree lifestyle awaits you at Urbana Place Senior Living! You will no longer need to worry about snow removal, lawn care, or the daily upkeep and expense of a home!
With our commitment to the whole person, we focus on our 7 Dimensions of Wellness to meet the goals and needs of those who choose to call Urbana Place home. You can expect that there will be opportunities to socialize with friends in the lounge, participate in a card or book club, attend worship services, or attend an exercise group. Our handicap accessible bus makes it easy to attend scheduled outings such as a shopping trip, a movie, or dining out.
It’s all about you at Urbana Place Senior Living!
Specialized care and support!
Urbana Place Senior Living offers specialized and customized care for those living with cognitive challenges. We understand the importance of allowing residents to have as much freedom and independence as possible while preserving an individual’s safety and dignity.
Our care team partners with families to explore the residents life story, past daily routines and preferences. This allows us to find the touch points to truly connect with who they are and where they have come from. Our community, events and individualized care plans have been designed with the needs of those with memory loss in mind. We make it about you!
Find the answers you need!
- Are you looking for relief from the daily tasks (cleaning, mowing, shoveling and repairs) and expense of keeping up a household?
- Are you looking for a convenient and safe environment to call home?
- Do you look forward to socialization and community spaces for fun and relaxation?
- Do you want to spend more time enjoying your family and friends, travelling and maybe volunteering in the community?
- Are you independently caring for yourself and not requiring daily home care support?
If the answer is yes to any of the questions above, Independent Living is the best option for you.
It’s not always easy to tell when you or a loved one needs more help. The following warning signs may indicate that it’s time for a talk about assisted living.
- Do you find the refrigerator is empty or filled with spoiled food or you or your loved one are losing weight? These may be signs of not eating well because shopping or cooking is difficult.
- Do you notice frequent bruises? This may be a sign of falling or mobility and balance problems.
- Does your loved one wear the same clothes over and over again or neglects personal hygiene? This can indicate that doing laundry and bathing is physically challenging.
- Do you find the house and yard isn’t as clean and tidy as it used to be? This can be a sign that household upkeep is becoming too difficult to manage.
- Does your loved one forget things, including doctor’s appointments and when to take medication? This may be due to memory loss.
- Your parent seems depressed? Depression is common in seniors who are isolated and alone.
- Do you notice strange or inappropriate behavior? For example, your loved one may dress inappropriately for the weather. This can be a sign that he or she is experiencing confusion.
Our memory support neighborhoods are uniquely designed to meet the needs of those with Alzheimer’s and dementia related impairments. Airy walkways, activity centers and secured outdoor spaces for safe wandering are a few of the amenities designed to provide a homelike, supportive environment for our residents. Our Enriching Connections and Inspire Wellness for Life programs
ensure our staff members are trained in the most progressive, research driven practices and our residents receive comprehensive wellness services.
The questions below may helpful when determining if a move to a memory support community is a good option:
- Is the person with dementia becoming unsafe in their current home?
- Is the health of the person with dementia or my health as a caregiver at risk?
- Are the person’s care needs beyond my physical abilities?
- Am I becoming a stressed, irritable and impatient caregiver?
- Am I neglecting work responsibilities, my family and myself?
- Would the structure and social interaction at a memory care community benefit the person with dementia?
What is the next step?
One of our registered nurses will perform a nursing assessment that will help you determine what is best for you or your loved one. You’ll have the comfort of knowing the expertise of our nursing team will guide you in the right direction. Call us to discuss the right option for you or your loved one.